Monday, April 18, 2016

Oskido blames 'childish' friend for using his phone to insult D'Banj

Legendary house music producer DJ Oskido sent shock waves through the music industry when he allegedly went on a brand-threatening tirade and insulted Nigerian hip-hop superstar D'banj on Instagram on Saturday morning.

In the post, which Oskido has since taken down from his account, it appeared as if the Kalawa Jazmee boss was piqued by something that D'banj did or did not do.
Oskido, real name Oscar Mdlongwa, then used the f-word in his heavily-worded statement accusing the artist of disrespecting him.
"Kindly take out all my artists and name on the song Ntswebu inclusive of video visuals. This is not the 1st time you disrespect me my man you did it with Mafikizolo Khona and stood me up like I'm your fan and u doing it again in 2016 f**k you. I gave you the respect as an Africa brother but you think u s**t ice.
"I have gained African legendary status in the entertainment industry just like you baba. Your countrymen @Donjazzy @wizkidayo @davidoofficial have dealt with me with respect and you have guts to think I'm useless, well tell what @iambangalee my name is @oskidoibelieve Im an African #GodBless #ibelieve (sic)," read the post
Speaking to Sunday World yesterday, Oskido confirmed that the post was legitimate but denied it was him who posted it.
The Zimbabwean-born artist, who also hosts a show on Metro FM called I Believe, said he suspected a "childish" person might have used his phone to write the post or someone hacked his account.
He was also quick to post another statement on his Instagram account to "clear the confusion".
He wrote: "Someone decided to act childish by posting the D'banj story using my phone.
"The African dream is about to come true and the devil is not happy. D'banj and I just had a fruitful week having strategic sessions regarding the music industry. The collaboration track is super rocking and the video is coming soon.
"Guys take care of your phones around strangers. Phone hacking is real, Beware. The devil won't win."
Oskido said he spent the entire week working with D' banj and they recorded three songs for the Nigerian's upcoming album.
"How can I insult a guy I work so closely with? We have been working together all week. We even shot a video for his new single in Nigel on Thursday and I had a lunch meeting with him on Friday.
"I arranged a collaboration between him and Tamara Dey and I just spoke to him this morning.
"He is flying out of the country at 2 [pm] and we will hook up again next week to do more work together," said Oskido.
He added that his working relationship with D'banj was not only in music but also in business.
D'banj, who spoke to Sunday World while checking in at the airport yesterday, said what the "hackers" did was not to destroy but to help spread the message about his work with Oskido.
"The person who did the post has given us free publicity. We had not yet started spreading the word about the work that we are doing together with Oscar but I can promise you that the fans are going to love it.
"As some of the most successful African artists, we are collaborating in both music and business because there are a lot of opportunities for us in Nigeria and South Africa as well as the rest of the continent," he said.
He said his new album would be launched in South Africa in August or September.
"The single Emergency is doing extremely well. The song I did with Tamara is a completely different sound and many people are going to be pleasantly shocked. Oskido also helped me to do work with Bucie and Busiswa, who are very professional ladies," he said.
The artist, who presents Lip Sync Battle Africa with Pearl Thusi, joked that he should be given a role on one of the local soapies as he spends most of his time in South Africa lately.
"If I was not invited to be part of the Nigerian Entertainment Conference taking place on Wednesday, I would not be going anywhere this weekend but chilling around Joburg," he said.

No comments: