Tuesday, July 21, 2015

K.O ADRESSES THE MTVMAMA2015 AWARDS


As we all know that last weekend housed the 2015 MTV MAMA'S, this meaning everyday of this particular week there shall be at least one story a day about the MAMA's.This time around we are looking at 'Cara Cara ' hit-maker K.O and how and why he did not scoop even a single award at the MTV MAMA's.First of all we think it doesn't make sense for him to not scoop a single award after literally wiping out at the previous awards that took place only a few months ago and considering how the structure of music industry is its very possible that there was a plot against K.O.



K.O broke his silence today and below is what he had to say.

'' Firstly I want to be clear that I am not talking about the entire MTVBase organisation but rather individuals within the channel who want to play ‘God’ and use the platform to push their own agendas. Anyway, I went into the ‪#‎MTVMAMA2015‬ fully cognizant that i was placed at the bottom of 'their' priorities list, so I had long made peace with not winning anything on the night. I just couldn't help but feel like 'their' whole agenda was to create a discriminative perception that my 2014/15 run in the game was palpably a far cry from that of my counterparts hence why I was not included in 'their' whole build up and in the initial performers' list. I believe all the winners that night absolutely deserved their respective accolades and I respect and salute them for their astounding impact - no complaints there. But it is evil of some of the organizing individuals to blatantly make certain nominees and talent at the ceremonial festivities feel unworthy. Artists had been rehearsing since Thursday and a majority of them had their rehearsal run on Friday. I only got to rehearse my performance on the day of the awards, few hrs before the show! Thank you to some of the folks in management at MTVBase for trying their best to rectify things as they were aware of my team's displeasure. Nonetheless, even though I didn't bag a trophy, the boy BODY BAGGED the night with an illustrious yet super short performance!!!

One thing you should know about me is that I put God and my Art first! Everything else is miscellaneous... ‪#‎K‬-Izzo ''

Great way to break the silence by K.O. The question thought is will MTVBase responde?

Contact details for booking K.O : booking@djsproduction.co.za


No comments: