Monday, August 18, 2014

DJs now Require a Sampra DJ License to Hit the Decks

Apparently you now need a DJ License to go behind the decks,  The South African Music Perfomance rights association Sampra wants all Mzansi DJs to have licenses. Last week Bob'ezy of Soul Candi Records said "I was playing in Cubana in Pretoria, Sunny Side when the guy from Sampra slapped me with a R 11 000 fine for not having a DJ License. What makes me mad is that i'm not a criminal - Just a DJ". Now Mzansi's Top DJs are angry. Some are shocked and claim that they didn't know a DJ needs a license. Metro FM and Club DJ Christos Katsaitis said those who implemented that law never consulted the DJs first.
" We don;t know where the money is going, how it gets there and why we need license" Who are they collecting it for .
Legendary DJ Fresh said ' It's been out there for some time but i think it's the venues that need to have license'. Kalawa Jazzmee boss Oskido said : I'm still waiting for them to arrest me , because the music industry doesn't know anything about it. I'm taking this to the minister of Arts . This is nonsense'.
Durban house DJ Bongz said they won't get a cent out of his pocket. I'll just let the fines pile up to the ceiling.
Source : Sunday Sun.

For Booking DJ Fresh , Booking Oskido , Booking DJ Christos - Contact 0715199905 or email booking@djsproduction.co.za

No comments: