Thursday, April 10, 2014

MONEOA MOSHESHA TO CONDUCT ON CLASH OF THE CHOIRS SEASON 2

The beautiful singer from Umthatha in the Eastern Cape rose to fame when her first single, Isi’Bhanxa, was nominated in the most gifted newcomer category at the Channel O Africa Music Video Awards last year. And she is spreading her wings further.
The 24-year-old has been selected as one of the choirmasters of Clash of the ChoirsSeason 2 which starts on Mzansi Magic on Sunday, and her second album is on its way.
She said: “Being on the TV show is a big break for me. I am overwhelmed to be chosen to be part of it. I am looking forward to working with all the talent that I discovered in Mpumalanga. It is going to be great.”
She said it doesn’t worry her that she will be the youngest choirmaster.
“Being young will be to my advantage. None of the other choirmasters will see me as a threat.
“I plan to shock them by not doing what they expect from me. I know everyone thinks I’ll do the Sister Act thing or push the choir to be like Joyous Celebration, but prepare to be surprised.”
The show will be presented by gorgeous Bonang Matheba, and the seven choirmasters will include Ziyon, Robbie Malinga, Simphiwe Dana and Shugasmakx.
The previous choirmaster for Mpumalanga was Zwai Bala, and he took the choir to the final.
Moneoa said: “I was not able to find the exact numbers I was looking for in terms of voice types, but in hindsight I have formed a good choir. The sky is the limit.”
Her fans will be excited to know that she has almost completed recording her second album, Ndim’lo. It will be released at the end of next month.
“I am just waiting for the election to pass so I can release my album. I can’t release it now during all the political madness,” she said.
Her popular debut album, Coming From Going To, had great songs like More Than You, Pretty Disaster andLife.
)Clash Of The Choirs Season 2 starts on Sunday on Mzansi Magic (DStv channel 161) at 5.30pm.dailysun
 
 
Booking Moneoa Contact: djsproduction.events@gmail.com or 071 519 9905
  

No comments: